Productized Design — Deep dive with examples
Published initially @ designsolo.co
What is productized design?
Productized design services offer a fixed price with a clear scope and timeline.
Why should you care?
If you like to scale a design service business and want to skip the messy selling process this might be for you.
What problem does it solve?
Selling and delivering design services it’s a messy process for clients and service providers.
Who’s productizing design
- Superside • Design services for growing teams.
- Undullify • 30-minute micro design service.
- Designcrafter • UI/UX for founders of early-stage business software.
- ManyPixels • Unlimited graphic design with a dedicated designer.
- GetAds • Ad creative service.
- Goodpatch • Design strategy studio.
- Penji • Unlimited graphic design.
- Catalog • Design team.
- Website Rescues • Shopify design support.
Productized design opportunities
- There are already too many unlimited design subscriptions that are difficult to tell apart
- Niche down by choosing to serve a single industry like Phasma Design
- Niche down by platform. Shopify, iOS, Webflow, Framer, Carrd, Android, Kajabi, Teachable … choose one and double down.
- Use websites like Fiverr or Upwork to find a high-demand gig and create a premium productized design service alternative.
- If you are a premium-priced design agency create an affordable productized design service to use as lead gen and a taste of what you offer.
Learn from the founders
- 🎥 Charging Subscription For Design Services: (w/ DesignJoy)
- 🎥 Do you know any entrepreneurs who make money from the start? Meet Russ Perry (Design pickle)
- 🎥 The Intensives Model with Pia Silva (Worst of all design)
Want to learn more?
This is ongoing research that I’m doing. You can find even more examples and resources in the original article on my website for free.
- 41 examples
- 10 founder interviews
- 5 resources to get started